Old 05-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Karl Larsen

Default Is ffmpeg broken in 10.04?

On 05/09/2010 02:01 PM, Damien Hull wrote:
> I'm trying to use ffmpeg to convert video. All I end up with is junk.
> You can't watch it. If I use mencoder it's fine.
>
> I'm trying to convert .ogv to mpeg or even x264.

I think the thing your trying to use ffmpeg might not be good yet
on 10.04. I gather it works on maybe 9.10?

I have some hardware on my computer that works fine on 9.10 but
not at all on 10.04 and I was told to wait for some updates to 10.04
which are needed. I think your facing the same thing. I have 3 things
that do not work while in 10.04 with the latest kernel. I can't get the
USB plugs, the special Memory Stick reader, or the DVD movie to work. If
I go back one kernel the USB plugs and the DVD Movie works.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 05-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Damien Hull

It looks that way. I hope one of the updates fixes all our problems.
Even with this issue I still like 10.04.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:51 AM
Basil Chupin

On 10/05/10 06:01, Damien Hull wrote:
> I'm trying to use ffmpeg to convert video. All I end up with is junk.
> You can't watch it. If I use mencoder it's fine.
>
> I'm trying to convert .ogv to mpeg or even x264.

It's working fine here - no problems.

Are you using this command?

ffmpeg -sameq -i <original-file-name> <converted-file-name>

BC

--
Property monopolized or in possession of a few is a curse to mankind.

John Adams - 1765

Old 05-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Damien Hull

That didn't work for me. Here's what I did.

ffmpeg -sameq -i out-4.ogv test.mp4

I can't watch the video. It's all messed up.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:52 AM
Winton Vandepeer

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Damien Hull <dhull@section9.us> wrote:

That didn't work for me. Here's what I did.

ffmpeg -sameq -i out-4.ogv test.mp4

I can't watch the video. It's all messed up.

> I'm trying to use ffmpeg to convert video. All I end up with is junk.

> You can't watch it. If I use mencoder it's fine.

> I'm trying to convert .ogv to mpeg or even x264.

It's working fine here - no problems.

Are you using this command?

ffmpeg -sameq -i <original-file-name> <converted-file-name>

BC

--

Property monopolized or in possession of a few is a curse to mankind.

have you tried winff.? Graphical video and audio batch converter using ffmpeg. Works fine for me.
Winton