Old 05-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Vale Kenny

Default Sry if repost - ATI - Sony HDTV & LaCie 22" crt

Sorry if this is a repost, I sent this earlier but it does not seem to have posted...

Heyas all,

I'm trying to get my television in my living room to act as a second monitor to my computer in another room.* When I try and connect the TV it gets put as the primary monitor and my CRT as the secondary.* The result of which is my logon and default screen is in my living room, and my monitor is essentially blank.* So...

Does anyone know how to force an ATI video card to swap the monitor 'number's?

Here's the gear:
Phenom II x4
Mushkin RAM
Asus M4A series mobo
AMD X64
Asus EAH HD4890 (ATI HD4890)

Monitors:
Sony 40" Bravia EX series television
LaCie Electron Blue 22"

Sony is connected by a DVI -> HDMI converter
LaCie connected by a DVI -> RGB converter

Software:
Ubuntu 10.04

ATI Catalyst (unfortunately, would much rather run non-prop drivers)

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks!

Old 05-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Jim Tarvid

I have onboard Nvidia not ATI. When I choose System ->Preferences ->Monitors I get a popup asking me if I want to use the vendor's X-server Settings which does allow me to configure TV-out.

Jim

[...]

Rev. Jim Tarvid, PCA
Galax, Virginia
http://ls.net