Old 05-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Robert Spanjaard

Default Change appearance of Update Manager Details

When unfolding the Details terminal section of the Update Manager, the
window gets too big for my 1024x600 screen. The font used in the terminal
is not affected by the Appearence/Fonts settings or the settings from the
Terminal in Accessories.
How do I change the appearance of this terminal section?

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

Old 05-09-2010, 12:02 AM
NoOp

On 05/08/2010 04:48 PM, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
> When unfolding the Details terminal section of the Update Manager, the
> window gets too big for my 1024x600 screen.

Not sure I understand. Can you not adjust the window size of the Update
Manager to suit your screen requirements? Move the mouse to a corner of
the UM window until the cursor turns into a corner angle & then drag the
corner to the size that you want.

> The font used in the terminal
> is not affected by the Appearence/Fonts settings or the settings from the
> Terminal in Accessories.
> How do I change the appearance of this terminal section?

Edit|Profile Preferences|General|Use the system fixed width font| or
uncheck and select the font that you wish. You can then save as a
specific profile or keep as 'Default'.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Robert Spanjaard

On Sat, 08 May 2010 17:02:14 -0700, NoOp wrote:

> On 05/08/2010 04:48 PM, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
>> When unfolding the Details terminal section of the Update Manager, the
>> window gets too big for my 1024x600 screen.
>
> Not sure I understand. Can you not adjust the window size of the Update
> Manager to suit your screen requirements? Move the mouse to a corner of
> the UM window until the cursor turns into a corner angle & then drag the
> corner to the size that you want.

After downloading updates, the Update Manager starts installing them.
During that time, you can unfold a Details section, which reveals a
terminal session. With the terminal unfolded, the window is too big (high)
for my screen. That's the terminal I want to change the looks of.

>> The font used in the terminal
>> is not affected by the Appearence/Fonts settings or the settings from
>> the Terminal in Accessories.
>> How do I change the appearance of this terminal section?
>
> Edit|Profile Preferences|General|Use the system fixed width font| or
> uncheck and select the font that you wish. You can then save as a
> specific profile or keep as 'Default'.

And how does that change the appearance of the terminal view in the Update
Manager? I just told you it is _not_ affected by the settings of the
regular terminal in the Accessories menu.

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

Old 05-09-2010, 12:33 AM
刘勇泰

The Update Manager is running under root privilege, so maybe you should
try appearance/Fonts settings of the root user, not your ordinary user.

I usually use Synaptic, and the Update Manager seems like a frontend of
Synaptic. In Synaptic, there IS font settings for the detail terminal,
you should try this.

在 2010-05-08*的 23:48 +0000,Robert Spanjaard写道:

Old 05-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Robert Spanjaard

On Sun, 09 May 2010 08:33:19 +0800, 刘勇泰 wrote:

> The Update Manager is running under root privilege, so maybe you should
> try appearance/Fonts settings of the root user, not your ordinary user.
>
> I usually use Synaptic, and the Update Manager seems like a frontend of
> Synaptic. In Synaptic, there IS font settings for the detail terminal,
> you should try this.

It seems to be working... I don't have any available updates now to check,
but I suppose Synaptic and UM use the same window when applying changes.

Thanks. :-)

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

Old 05-09-2010, 04:11 PM
NoOp

On 05/08/2010 05:23 PM, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
> On Sat, 08 May 2010 17:02:14 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>
>> On 05/08/2010 04:48 PM, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
>>> When unfolding the Details terminal section of the Update Manager, the
>>> window gets too big for my 1024x600 screen.
>>
>> Not sure I understand. Can you not adjust the window size of the Update
>> Manager to suit your screen requirements? Move the mouse to a corner of
>> the UM window until the cursor turns into a corner angle & then drag the
>> corner to the size that you want.
>
> After downloading updates, the Update Manager starts installing them.
> During that time, you can unfold a Details section, which reveals a
> terminal session. With the terminal unfolded, the window is too big (high)
> for my screen. That's the terminal I want to change the looks of.
>
>>> The font used in the terminal
>>> is not affected by the Appearence/Fonts settings or the settings from
>>> the Terminal in Accessories.
>>> How do I change the appearance of this terminal section?
>>
>> Edit|Profile Preferences|General|Use the system fixed width font| or
>> uncheck and select the font that you wish. You can then save as a
>> specific profile or keep as 'Default'.
>
> And how does that change the appearance of the terminal view in the Update
> Manager? I just told you it is _not_ affected by the settings of the
> regular terminal in the Accessories menu.

Sorry, thought you were talking about the gnome terminal window. Anyway
could reopen this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/40054
Or join in on this one:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/334289