Old 05-08-2010, 06:11 PM
James Bensley

Default How To Set Sound Settings

Hey Listee's,

I am trying to set my sound settings under Ubuntu 9.10. I am using the
digital output on my sound card to feed my amp which is a 5.1 hardware
decoder. (I have this box dual boot with Windows and everything in
Windows is working so I know everything works from a hardware point of
view)

The problem I am facing is that within my sound preferences in Ubuntu
I can pick many options such as digital out, analogue out etc but the
only digital option is in stereo? Here is a screen shot;
http://i43.tinypic.com/nn5lq1.png

In Windows I have chosen 5.1 digital out which is what I want and it
works a treat, however as per the screen shot I can only have 2.0
digital out on Ubuntu, how can I set up a new sound profile like the
ones in the list?

James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

Old 05-09-2010, 04:19 AM
Basil Chupin

On 09/05/10 04:11, James Bensley wrote:
> Hey Listee's,
>
> I am trying to set my sound settings under Ubuntu 9.10. I am using the
> digital output on my sound card to feed my amp which is a 5.1 hardware
> decoder. (I have this box dual boot with Windows and everything in
> Windows is working so I know everything works from a hardware point of
> view)
>
> The problem I am facing is that within my sound preferences in Ubuntu
> I can pick many options such as digital out, analogue out etc but the
> only digital option is in stereo? Here is a screen shot;
> http://i43.tinypic.com/nn5lq1.png
>
> In Windows I have chosen 5.1 digital out which is what I want and it
> works a treat, however as per the screen shot I can only have 2.0
> digital out on Ubuntu, how can I set up a new sound profile like the
> ones in the list?

Simply highlight the one you want and then click on Close?

That's how I selected mine (5.1 Out with Stereo in).

BC

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
Galileo Galilei