Old 05-08-2010, 03:13 PM
"Grizzly"

Default Update Kernalkilled lucid

Hi All

I just let the kernal update and now it wont start message claims "cant find
FS" or words to that effect

Old 05-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Janne Jokitalo

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 04:13:41PM +0100, Grizzly wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I just let the kernal update and now it wont start message claims "cant find
> FS" or words to that effect

Can you boot with the previous kernel still? Hit Esc when grub messages appear,
then choose an older kernel and try that.

If that still lets you login, then it obviously is a bug in the latest kernel,
and a bug should be filed. For that, please refer to:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/KernelTeamBugPolicies

Best regards,

Jaska

Old 05-08-2010, 05:50 PM
"Grizzly"

On 08 May 2010 at 18:35, Janne Jokitalo
Enlightened me with this:-Re: Update Kernalkilled lucid

>On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 04:13:41PM +0100, Grizzly wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I just let the kernal update and now it wont start message claims "cant find
>> FS" or words to that effect
>
>Can you boot with the previous kernel still? Hit Esc when grub messages appear,
>then choose an older kernel and try that.

I don't know, I had to re-install and start a fresh

Old 05-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Karl Larsen

On 05/08/2010 11:50 AM, Grizzly wrote:
> On 08 May 2010 at 18:35, Janne Jokitalo
> Enlightened me with this:-Re: Update Kernalkilled lucid
>

>> On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 04:13:41PM +0100, Grizzly wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I just let the kernal update and now it wont start message claims "cant find
>>> FS" or words to that effect
>>>
>> Can you boot with the previous kernel still? Hit Esc when grub messages appear,
>> then choose an older kernel and try that.
>>
> I don't know, I had to re-install and start a fresh
>

>> If that still lets you login, then it obviously is a bug in the latest kernel,
>> and a bug should be filed. For that, please refer to:
>>
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/KernelTeamBugPolicies
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Jaska
>>

>> --

I have a problem with the new kernel too. Sounds like it might
still be a bug.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 05-09-2010, 04:07 AM
Basil Chupin

On 09/05/10 04:02, Karl Larsen wrote:
> On 05/08/2010 11:50 AM, Grizzly wrote:
>
>> On 08 May 2010 at 18:35, Janne Jokitalo

>>> Can you boot with the previous kernel still? Hit Esc when grub messages appear,
>>> then choose an older kernel and try that.
>>>

>> I don't know, I had to re-install and start a fresh
>>

>>> If that still lets you login, then it obviously is a bug in the latest kernel,
>>> and a bug should be filed. For that, please refer to:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/KernelTeamBugPolicies
>>>

>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Jaska
>>>

>>> --
>>>

> I have a problem with the new kernel too. Sounds like it might
> still be a bug.

What may be to you a "new" kernel may be an "old" kernel to others.

I would suggest that when making such a statement it would be prudent to
state the version number of the "new" kernel - as well as the "old"
kernel which the "new" one replaced.

BC

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
Galileo Galilei