Old 05-07-2010, 10:07 PM
zongo saiba

Default not in a valid eCryptfs format

Hi Guys,

Anyone has found a solution to this bug -->
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ecryptfs-utils/+bug/372014
It's causing me a lot of grief: Freeze, sluggish system due to my
resources being consumed. Most of all the error messages ( Either the
lower file is not in a valid eCryptfs format, or the key could not be
retrieved. Plaintext passthrough mode is not enabled; returning -EIO)
are filling up my drive and I don't really have a lot of space to spare.
I have spent the whole day trying to find solution. I think I might just
revert back to a non encrypted home folder

Kind Regards

zongo

Old 05-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Karl Larsen

On 05/07/2010 04:07 PM, zongo saiba wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Anyone has found a solution to this bug -->
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ecryptfs-utils/+bug/372014
> It's causing me a lot of grief: Freeze, sluggish system due to my
> resources being consumed. Most of all the error messages ( Either the
> lower file is not in a valid eCryptfs format, or the key could not be
> retrieved. Plaintext passthrough mode is not enabled; returning -EIO)
> are filling up my drive and I don't really have a lot of space to spare.
> I have spent the whole day trying to find solution. I think I might just
> revert back to a non encrypted home folder
>
> Kind Regards
>
> zongo

Good idea!

--