Old 05-07-2010, 11:06 AM
arun j

Default Help!! How to run other program commands from the terminal??

Hello,

Is there any way to run commands of other programs from the terminal?

opened a doc file from the terminal using

>openoffice.org filename.doc

is there any way to execute

SELECT ALL[ctrl + a] or

COPY [ctrl + c]

from the terminal???

Thank you..

Old 05-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Jim Tarvid

On my machine (Lucid, Gnome Terminal), the Edit Menu* works but the keyboard shortcuts do not. Suspect it has something to do with profiles. My normal workflow is to "scoop" the text with the mouse and paste with the middle mouse button.

Is there any way to run commands of other programs from the terminal?

opened a doc file from the terminal using

>openoffice.org filename.doc

is there any way to execute

SELECT ALL[ctrl + a] or

COPY [ctrl + c]

from the terminal???

Thank you..

Rev. Jim Tarvid, PCA
Galax, Virginia
http://ls.net
http://drupal.ls.net
http://crossleft.org

Old 05-07-2010, 06:01 PM
NoOp

On 05/07/2010 04:06 AM, arun j wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there any way to run commands of other programs from the terminal?
>
> opened a doc file from the terminal using
>>openoffice.org filename.doc
>
> is there any way to execute
> SELECT ALL[ctrl + a] or
> COPY [ctrl + c]
> from the terminal???

Edit|Select All
doesn't work for you?
Or, see: Edit|Keyboard Shortcuts

Old 05-07-2010, 06:28 PM
C de-Avillez

On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 11:01 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 05/07/2010 04:06 AM, arun j wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Is there any way to run commands of other programs from the terminal?
> >
> > opened a doc file from the terminal using
> >>openoffice.org filename.doc
> >
> > is there any way to execute
> > SELECT ALL[ctrl + a] or
> > COPY [ctrl + c]
> > from the terminal???
>
> Edit|Select All
> doesn't work for you?
> Or, see: Edit|Keyboard Shortcuts

Under gnome-terminal:

to copy: select the text, then Ctrl-Shift-C
to paste: Ctrl-Shift-V

So you can copy from g-t and paste on OO (pasting will use the common
'paste' shortcut for you, usually Ctrl-V).

..C..

Old 05-07-2010, 07:30 PM
NoOp

On 05/07/2010 11:28 AM, C de-Avillez wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 11:01 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>> On 05/07/2010 04:06 AM, arun j wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > Is there any way to run commands of other programs from the terminal?
>> >
>> > opened a doc file from the terminal using
>> >
>> > is there any way to execute
>> > SELECT ALL[ctrl + a] or
>> > COPY [ctrl + c]
>> > from the terminal???
>>
>> Edit|Select All
>> doesn't work for you?
>> Or, see: Edit|Keyboard Shortcuts
>>

> Under gnome-terminal:
>
> to copy: select the text, then Ctrl-Shift-C
> to paste: Ctrl-Shift-V
>
> So you can copy from g-t and paste on OO (pasting will use the common
> 'paste' shortcut for you, usually Ctrl-V).

Your's must be different than mine... :-)
Edit|Keyboard Shortcuts
Copy Shift+Ctrl+C
Paste Shift+Ctrl+V
Of course you can click on the Shortcut Key and change it if you wish. :-)