Old 05-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Federico

Default No video output after boot with nvidia driver and lucid.

Hi,
I have a Nvidia N210 and I'm using the nvidia proprietary driver with
lucid, after the splash screen instead of the loading GDM the screen
turn off saing "No video output", I've tried using either the DVI
output or the VGA port but nothing changed. (With karmic it worked
like a charm with DVI output)

When the monitor goes to power saving mode my system seems frozen, any
combination of keys even the Magic SysRq doesn't work.
If I use nouveau driver ubuntu starts well although the screen
resolution is incorrect. So I think the problem is the nvidia
proprietary driver.
I've also opened a bug on launchpad [0] and wrote on ubuntuforums [1]
but nobody answered me.

Any help is very appreciated, thank you in advance!

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/573837
[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1470981

Old 05-09-2010, 10:43 PM
NoOp

On 05/07/2010 12:00 AM, Federico wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a Nvidia N210 and I'm using the nvidia proprietary driver with
> lucid, after the splash screen instead of the loading GDM the screen
> turn off saing "No video output", I've tried using either the DVI
> output or the VGA port but nothing changed. (With karmic it worked
> like a charm with DVI output)
>
> When the monitor goes to power saving mode my system seems frozen, any
> combination of keys even the Magic SysRq doesn't work.
> If I use nouveau driver ubuntu starts well although the screen
> resolution is incorrect. So I think the problem is the nvidia
> proprietary driver.
> I've also opened a bug on launchpad [0] and wrote on ubuntuforums [1]
> but nobody answered me.
>
> Any help is very appreciated, thank you in advance!
>
> [0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/573837
> [1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1470981

Perhaps your bug report might get more attention if you file (or tag) it
in the appropriate nvidia drivers? Not sure which driver you are using
as you don't provide any useful information in your bug report.

https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=nvidia-graphics-drivers