Old 05-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Herman Aalderink

Default Cannot play media.

Below every little movie in BBC news I get:
--- Cannot play media.You do not have the correct version of the flash
player. Download the correct version >> points to:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

I use a newly-installed 10.04LTS.
I waited till the first 'daily update' came along, but no joy.

I tried youtube:
You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.
Download it from Adobe.

I tried to install the Adobe option. It looked successful but at the end
there was a warning:

Package 'adobe-flashplugin' is virtual.

on another try I got:
Enabling channel 'lucid-partner' failed