Old 05-07-2010, 02:15 AM
Tom H

Default trouble with preseed partitioning

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:33 PM, <dale@czexan.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to fully automate an ubuntu 10.4-amd64 desktop install
> in a unique oem install environment.*The install environment is the
> os install media are located on a small fat32 partition /dev/sda1 and
> the network may not be available during the install. I am using the
> alt cd iso, a custom preseed, and the hd-media kernel/initrd.*The
> fat32 partition boots and autoexec.bat launches linld.com with
> kernel/initrd/kernel options which start the install.
> I can run install with preseed file but am always prompted to
> unmount /dev/sda1 (fat32 partition where install is launched from) and
> to verify changes to partition table (adding /dev/sda5 ext4 as / and
> /dev/sda6 as swap). I have extracted the installer options with
> debconf-get-selections --installer > seed; debconf-get-selections >>
> seed and rerun the installer with this seed file, but am still
> prompted about unmounting /dev/sda1 and confirm partition changes. Is
> there a way to preseed these choices so installer will run without
> user intervention?*Is there a list of all preseed commands/options?

debian-boot is probably the best place to ask preseed questions. Not
sure whether Ubuntu has an equivalent list.

sda1 has to be unmounted for sda5 and sda6 to be created, whether you
are automating your install or not.

From a Debian preseed example:
# Here's a way to run any shell command you'd like inside the installer,
# automatically.
# This first command is run as early as possible, just after
# preseeding is read.
#d-i preseed/early_command string anna-install some-udeb
# This command is run just before the install finishes, but when there is
# still a usable /target directory. You can chroot to /target and use it
# directly, or use the apt-install and in-target commands to easily install
# packages and run commands in the target system.
#d-i preseed/late_command string apt-install zsh; in-target chsh -s /bin/zsh

For preseed options:
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apb.html