Old 05-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Tomasz Kisielewski

Default Ubuntu 10.04 install problem

Hi
I am new to this list. After downloading Ubuntu 10.04 couldn't start properly live cd. On black scren was message "signal over range" couldn't do anything else then unpower pc. I could hear (couldn't see) that booting live cd is going . I couldn't find option to boot it in safe mode, but I am not sure if it helped. Any ideas... Graphic card is Nvidia, compaq presario PC, trouble running linux...
Tom

Old 05-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Karl Larsen

I am new to this list. After downloading Ubuntu 10.04 couldn't start
properly live cd. On black scren was message "signal over range"
couldn't do anything else then unpower pc. I could hear (couldn't see)
that booting live cd is going . I couldn't find option to boot it in
safe mode, but I am not sure if it helped. Any ideas... Graphic card is
Nvidia, compaq presario PC, trouble running linux...

Tom

Get a free e-mail account with Hotmail. Sign-up
now.
*** Are you trying to load 10.04 in a new partition or on top of
something? Can you try the cd-rom you made in another computer? If it
comes up find the test this cd-rom and let it run. If it passes you
have a problem in the first computer.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI