Old 05-06-2010, 06:20 PM
arshad

Default 32 bit and 64 bit

i gave this code:
$ if cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep " lm " &> /dev/null; then echo "Got
64bit" ; fi

and i get this reply back:
"Got 64bit"

so i my pc is capable of 64 bit.
now is it ok if i download this torrent?:
ubuntu-10.04-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent

my doubt is, my pc is intel while the link talks about amd....

any suggestion would be greatly appreciable.

thanks a lot.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Nils Kassube

arshad wrote:
> so i my pc is capable of 64 bit.
> now is it ok if i download this torrent?:
> ubuntu-10.04-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent
>
> my doubt is, my pc is intel while the link talks about amd....

The iso works for both AMD and Intel. AMD introduced the 64 bit
extension and Intel later adopted the extension for their CPUs.

Nils

Old 05-07-2010, 12:00 AM
arshad

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 21:08 +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:
> arshad wrote:
> > so i my pc is capable of 64 bit.
> > now is it ok if i download this torrent?:
> > ubuntu-10.04-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent
> >
> > my doubt is, my pc is intel while the link talks about amd....
>
> The iso works for both AMD and Intel. AMD introduced the 64 bit
> extension and Intel later adopted the extension for their CPUs.
>

> Nils

Thanks