Old 04-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Ian Coetzee

Default squid transparent proxy server: can't access local web server

On 2010/04/23 09:58 AM, Donatas wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> i have a transparent squid proxy server. Here i will try to display
> the scheme of networking
>

> Internet -> Router -> Transparent Proxy (linux) -> Clients, Web server
>
> When i try to access web server, no matter from network or internet -
> i can't access it and i'm getting error
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> * * Unable to forward this request at this time. *
>
> This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any
> parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:
>
> * The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct
> connections to origin servers, and
> * All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.
>

> my squid.conf can be found:
> http://pastebin.com/7srNVrxZ
>

> --
> Regards,
> Donatas

Please prey tell what does your access.log tell you when you try to
connect to the webserver?

---------------------------------------
tail -f /var/log/squid/access.log

try accesing webserver

^c tail and analyse logs that flew past.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Donatas

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Ian Coetzee <ubuntu@iancoetzee.za.net> wrote:

On 2010/04/23 09:58 AM, Donatas wrote:

> Hello everyone,

> i have a transparent squid proxy server. Here i will try to display

> the scheme of networking

> Internet -> Router -> Transparent Proxy (linux) -> Clients, Web server

> When i try to access web server, no matter from network or internet -

> i can't access it and i'm getting error

> The following error was encountered:

> * * * * Unable to forward this request at this time. *

> This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any

> parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:

> * * * The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct

> * * * connections to origin servers, and

> * * * All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.

> my squid.conf can be found:

> http://pastebin.com/7srNVrxZ

> --

> Regards,

> Donatas

Please prey tell what does your access.log tell you when you try to

connect to the webserver?

---------------------------------------

tail -f /var/log/squid/access.log

try accesing webserver

^c tail and analyse logs that flew past.

---------------------------------------

what happens if you force the browser to use the proxy?

Regards

Ian

No help with directing to browser a proxy
i get the following error in access.log TCP_DENIED/504

Also, i can't access my web server using my.domain.com from external network.

somehow i think here could be used never_direct command, just don't know how to fulfill

Regards,
Donatas

Old 04-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Ian Coetzee

On 2010/04/23 10:29 AM, Donatas wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Ian Coetzee
> <ubuntu@iancoetzee.za.net <mailto:ubuntu@iancoetzee.za.net>> wrote:
>
> On 2010/04/23 09:58 AM, Donatas wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> > i have a transparent squid proxy server. Here i will try to display
> > the scheme of networking
> >

> > Internet -> Router -> Transparent Proxy (linux) -> Clients, Web
> server
> >
> > When i try to access web server, no matter from network or
> internet -
> > i can't access it and i'm getting error
> >
> > The following error was encountered:
> >
> > * * Unable to forward this request at this time. *
> >
> > This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any
> > parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:
> >
> > * The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make
> direct
> > connections to origin servers, and
> > * All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.
> >

> > my squid.conf can be found:
> > http://pastebin.com/7srNVrxZ
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Donatas
> >

> Please prey tell what does your access.log tell you when you try to
> connect to the webserver?
>
> ---------------------------------------
> tail -f /var/log/squid/access.log
>
> try accesing webserver
>
> ^c tail and analyse logs that flew past.
>

> No help with directing to browser a proxy
> i get the following error in access.log TCP_DENIED/504
>
> Also, i can't access my web server using my.domain.com
> <http://my.domain.com> from external network.
>
> somehow i think here could be used never_direct command, just don't
> know how to fulfill
>

> Regards,
> Donatas
Donatas

I dont see anything obvious wrong, maybe someone can recheck me on this
comment removed conf...

try the folowing (mine looks like yours do, however I "deny all" so now
way to test fully...

Can you change the folowing and try again

Line 589 : acl all src all

Line 589 : acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

Also you might want to take this to the squid-users mailing list
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Support/mailing-lists.dyn#squid-users)

Regards
Ian

Old 04-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Donatas

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Ian Coetzee <ubuntu@iancoetzee.za.net> wrote:

> [...]

> * * Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

> No help with directing to browser a proxy

> i get the following error in access.log TCP_DENIED/504

> Also, i can't access my web server using my.domain.com

> <http://my.domain.com> from external network.

> somehow i think here could be used never_direct command, just don't

> know how to fulfill

> Regards,

> Donatas

Donatas

I dont see anything obvious wrong, maybe someone can recheck me on this

comment removed conf...

try the folowing (mine looks like yours do, however I "deny all" so now

way to test fully...

Can you change the folowing and try again

Line 589 : acl all src all

Line 589 : acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

Also you might want to take this to the squid-users mailing list

Still nothing, i'm reading now about always_direct
which i used "always_direct allow lan_dst", but also didn't help
--
Su pagarba,
Donatas

Old 04-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Ian Coetzee

On 2010/04/23 11:15 AM, Donatas wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Ian Coetzee
> <ubuntu@iancoetzee.za.net <mailto:ubuntu@iancoetzee.za.net>> wrote:
>
> On 2010/04/23 10:29 AM, Donatas wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Ian Coetzee
> > <ubuntu@iancoetzee.za.net <mailto:ubuntu@iancoetzee.za.net>
> <mailto:ubuntu@iancoetzee.za.net
> <mailto:ubuntu@iancoetzee.za.net>>> wrote:
> >
> > On 2010/04/23 09:58 AM, Donatas wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > > i have a transparent squid proxy server. Here i will try to
> display
> > > the scheme of networking
> > >

> > > Internet -> Router -> Transparent Proxy (linux) -> Clients, Web
> > server
> > >
> > > When i try to access web server, no matter from network or
> > internet -
> > > i can't access it and i'm getting error
> > >
> > > The following error was encountered:
> > >
> > > * * Unable to forward this request at this time. *
> > >
> > > This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any
> > > parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:
> > >
> > > * The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make
> > direct
> > > connections to origin servers, and
> > > * All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.
> > >

> > > my squid.conf can be found:
> > > http://pastebin.com/7srNVrxZ
> > >

> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Donatas
> > >

> > Please prey tell what does your access.log tell you when you
> try to
> > connect to the webserver?
> >
> > ---------------------------------------
> > tail -f /var/log/squid/access.log
> >
> > try accesing webserver
> >
> > ^c tail and analyse logs that flew past.
> >

> > No help with directing to browser a proxy
> > i get the following error in access.log TCP_DENIED/504
> >
> > Also, i can't access my web server using my.domain.com
> <http://my.domain.com>
> > <http://my.domain.com> from external network.
> >
> > somehow i think here could be used never_direct command, just don't
> > know how to fulfill
> >

> > Regards,
> > Donatas
> Donatas
>
> I dont see anything obvious wrong, maybe someone can recheck me on
> this
> comment removed conf...
>
> try the folowing (mine looks like yours do, however I "deny all"
> so now
> way to test fully...
>
> Can you change the folowing and try again
>
> Line 589 : acl all src all

> Line 589 : acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0>
>
> Also you might want to take this to the squid-users mailing list
> (http://www.squid-cache.org/Support/mailing-lists.dyn#squid-users)
>
> Regards
> Ian

> Still nothing, i'm reading now about always_direct
> which i used "always_direct allow lan_dst", but also didn't help

In that case I am out of ideas, and suggest the squid-users mailing list

Regards
Ian