-   -   Sony Vaio VGN-A417M - Linux compatability (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/3516-sony-vaio-vgn-a417m-linux-compatability.html)

"Steve Flynn" 11-23-2007 11:44 AM

Sony Vaio VGN-A417M - Linux compatability

Guys,

Anyone have any experience in installing Ubuntu onto the Vaio listed
in the subject line. I've been offered one of these machines for a
reasonable price but it's of little use to me unless it's reasonably
well supported under Linux. I'm specifically thinking about the
wireless functionaility - I've no idea of the chipset which Sony uses
in this model.

Anyone have any horror stories or joyful tales of success with VGN-A
series laptops?

--
Steve
people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0