-   -   SAN storage and Ubuntu Server (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/3432-san-storage-ubuntu-server.html)

"Bohmer, Andre ten" 11-23-2007 08:21 AM

SAN storage and Ubuntu Server

Hello,

We're running several Red Hat EL5 systems booting from SAN. Does anyone
have experience running Ubuntu Server edition from SAN? To begin; to
install RH on SAN storage, we boot from install media with an extra
kernel options, mpath . It seems nor Ubuntu neither Debian has such an
installation option for installing the root filesystem on SAN storage.
Any thoughts or ideas to share?

TIA!
Andre
Wageningen University