Old 11-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Mario Vukelic

Default Feisty Meta physics

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 15:41 -0800, Carl Spitzer wrote:
> Even booting the laptop with OS10.3 live CD
> it is seen as a wired device not wireless.

I don't think you have ever answered the question I and others asked,
how do you determine that "it is seen as a wired device"? As I said, I
have a ipw3945 wlan card, and the system "sees" it as ethX, but that is
not a problem.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Derek Broughton

Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 15:41 -0800, Carl Spitzer wrote:
>> Even booting the laptop with OS10.3 live CD
>> it is seen as a wired device not wireless.
>
> I don't think you have ever answered the question I and others asked,
> how do you determine that "it is seen as a wired device"?

He did -Network Manager is displaying it as "wired network"
--
derek

Old 11-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 12:15 -0400, Derek Broughton wrote:
> He did -Network Manager is displaying it as "wired network"

Thanks, I had missed that.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Carl Spitzer

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 12:15 -0400, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Mario Vukelic wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 15:41 -0800, Carl Spitzer wrote:
> >> Even booting the laptop with OS10.3 live CD
> >> it is seen as a wired device not wireless.
> >
> > I don't think you have ever answered the question I and others asked,
> > how do you determine that "it is seen as a wired device"?
>
> He did -Network Manager is displaying it as "wired network"

Yes. but of course since it was not there was nothing to which to
connect.

--

o _____ | CWSIV@KeepAndBearArms.com |
_/oo OOOOO oo` ooo ooo 'o!o!o o!o!o`