Old 11-23-2007, 01:33 AM
zazen

Default cdparanoia error in abcde

I'm testing out ubuntu studio 7.10 amd64 edition, and I'm getting a
strange error when using ABCDE to rip a cd:

----------------
Creating playlist...
Grabbing track 11: O successores fortissimi leonis...
cdparanoia: error while loading shared libraries:
libcdda_interface.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
[ERROR] abcde: The following commands failed to run:
readtrack-11: cdparanoia returned code 127
Finished. Not cleaning /home/testbed/abcde.ee0e980e.
----------------

I checked and the files are there, where they're supposed to be, with
the correct permissions and ownership:

testbed@ubuntu:~$ locate libcdda_interface.so.0
/usr/lib/libcdda_interface.so.0.10.0
/usr/lib/libcdda_interface.so.0
testbed@ubuntu:~$ ls -l /usr/lib/libcdda_interface.so.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 2007-11-22 18:49
/usr/lib/libcdda_interface.so.0 -> libcdda_interface.so.0.10.0
testbed@ubuntu:~$ ls -l /usr/lib/libcdda_interface.so.0.10.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 62120 2007-05-01 06:01
/usr/lib/libcdda_interface.so.0.10.0

It's not the cd (tried others). The files above are exactly like in my
32-bit gutsy install. Double checked all the executable paths,
including cdparanoia. I reinstalled cdparanoia and libcdparanoia. I
even tried changing the permissions of the link target
(libcdda_interface.so.0.10.0) to mathc that of the symlink (chmod 777),
but no go.

By the way, cdparanoia works fine with Grip, so I can't figure this
out. I don't want to have to do without abcde, it's just a great little
ripper/encoder.

Any ideas? I'd really like to switch to the low-latency kernel on
ubuntu studio (64-bit), but the cdparanoia/abcde issue and a few other
things (i.e. like suspend and hibernate problems) are preventing me.