Old 01-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Brian Murray

Default Hug Day - 09 January 2008

I'm happy to announce the first Hug Day of the new year on Wednesday,
January 9th. Our package of the day is kernel version 2.6.22 used with
Gutsy Gibbon. We will be triaging New bug reports, tagging bug reports,
and asking reporters to test with kernel version 2.6.24 found in Hardy
Heron. The event will be held in #ubuntu-bugs on Freenode. The list
of targeted bugs and goals is posted at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20080109

Our hope is to deal with all of the bugs on that list.

So on 09 January 2008, in all timezones, we'll be meeting in
#ubuntu-bugs on irc.freenode.net for another Ubuntu Hug Day.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay

While you are welcome to apply to join the Ubuntu Bug Control team
anytime, Hug Day is a great day to join!

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl

If you're interested in helping to make the next release of Ubuntu even
better - please stop by. And feel free to ask bdmurray, ogasawara,
pedro, heno and the rest of the team for ways to help out. We hope to
see you there and your name on the list of bug triagers!

Sincerely,
--
Brian Murray @ubuntu.com

Old 01-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Brian Murray

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 08:58:01PM +0100, Mathias Florian Menzer wrote:
> Hi Brian!
>
> It would be much better, if future Hug Days could be announced some more
> time in advance. We could then reach more people when publishing this in
> forums and Newsposts.

If the Hug Days are on Wednesday when would you like to find out about it?
Should the list of bugs be finalized when the announcement is sent out?

Thanks,
--
Brian Murray @ubuntu.com