Old 01-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Lee McKusick

Default Minor problem with compiled in path of vim70 appearing in Ubuntu distribution, "prolog.ps not found" for :hardcopy

Hello this is Lee McKusick,

Thanks so much for being the compiler of vim. Your vim appears in
Ubuntu. I have found a small problem with the compiled vim.

Minor problem with compiled in path of vim70 appearing in Ubuntu
distribution, I get prolog.ps not found error for the command :hardcopy

:hardcopy or :ha fails with "Path to prolog.ps" fails

Also, in the files path shown by :set, the path /usr/share/vim/vimfiles
appears twice in the path statement.

1/6/2008 fix instructions --- (written for myself this prolog.ps path
problem has been around since vim64. I had to re-figure out how to fix
the problem.)

sudo ln -s /usr/share/vim/vim70 /usr/share/vim/vim63

Find the vim version with
:version

Notice the path showing in
:set

Make the soft link above, changing "70" to version seen in :version
change "63" to number seen in path.

VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0 (2006 May 7, compiled Aug 28 2007 18:30:08)
Included patches: 1-164, 234-235