Old 01-07-2010, 12:40 AM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Default Blurb

A blurb Goodbye

I have been corrected by others since I was 5 years
old and became aware of it. Many times over the past 10 years
others have called me a Troll and my messages a blurb. I was
impressed and tried to do better. I did then and still now
help people with problems I knew about or had myself. I get
Thank You notes and it was fun!

Now we seem to have lost the friendly help and gained
a number of people, many not in the USA who want to "clean up"
the Ubuntu list. They want to get permission to throw people
off the list. This can be done IF the owner of Ubuntu agrees
with group. Not if he/she does not.

If you recall what it takes to join this group it is
simple. You need to have something to display a web page. And
then look at the join web page and you can use a made-up name
to join. So you do so and the messages come like 60 a night in
the old days.

This ability to remove people from the list is what
is new. The people doing this don't seem to even have a guess
at how much trouble they are making for themselves, and the
owner of Ubuntu. As they proceed they will find more and more
people to remove.

Since this is new and far from complete I can't say
much about how it effects me. For sure it does based on past
experience. I do make errors and it is just a human problem. I
am now 75 years old and it seems I am loosing my old
excellence. The mind is not as clear as it was when I was 38
years old. This maybe a problem, but in the old days it was
normal to make an error. Today your called all manor of bad
names and even if you own up to the error the new people will
use it against you.

So this may be my last blurb on this list but it does
need saying. The new people who are pushing the new order are
not old people. They are new and they see something they think
they can fix. Alas, the fix will be expensive than the
problem. Look at the year old Obama Democrat government. They
are all saying due to Republican problems they need to raise
taxes on you and me. The Democrats are the most tax raising
party in our country. They believe it is good to tax the rich
to feed the poor. But who employed the poor? The rich used to.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 01-07-2010, 01:55 AM
user1

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:40:32 -0700, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> A blurb

If you have problems with certain articles/authors and use Pan newsreader
you can do:

Select the article/s

Then choose: Pan - Articles - Edit Articles watch/ignore/score - Add -
If the group name is "gmane.linux.ubuntu.user -
Author -
Ignore the article -
Forever -
Add and rescore

Then you get rid of the culprit *humor*

At a later time you can go back and edit what you did if you so
desire :-)