Old 01-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Alain Muls

Default Reply with thunderbird

Hi,

Sometimes I want to reply to part of a message. In kmail or evolution I
could just select the part I wanted into the replied message so that I
could comment on only the relevant part and avoid having too large
messages. I used to do this for replying to this list.

Since I moved to thunderbird, I lost this feature, thunderbird uses the
whole of the message in stead of the selected part. Is this normal
behaviour of thunderbird, is there perhaps an extension for this?

Tx/Alain

Old 01-06-2008, 11:13 PM
anthony baldwin

Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sometimes I want to reply to part of a message. In kmail or evolution
> I could just select the part I wanted into the replied message so that
> I could comment on only the relevant part and avoid having too large
> messages. I used to do this for replying to this list.
>
> Since I moved to thunderbird, I lost this feature, thunderbird uses
> the whole of the message in stead of the selected part. Is this normal
> behaviour of thunderbird, is there perhaps an extension for this?
>
> Tx/Alain
That's normal behavior.
I've never seen that function you mention, since I have always used
Netscrape/Mozilla/Thunderbird
products for e-mail.
Sounds convenient.
With T-bird, you just have to select and delete the unwanted part after
hitting reply, though.

/tony

--
http://www.BaldwinLinguas.com - Translation & Interpreting

http://www.LinguasOS.org - Linux for Translators

mais la langue, aucun homme ne peut la dompter;
c'est un mal qu'on ne peut rprimer;
elle est pleine d'un venin mortel.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:34 PM
"Liam Proven"

On 06/01/2008, Alain Muls <alain.muls@telenet.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sometimes I want to reply to part of a message. In kmail or evolution I
> could just select the part I wanted into the replied message so that I
> could comment on only the relevant part and avoid having too large
> messages. I used to do this for replying to this list.
>
> Since I moved to thunderbird, I lost this feature, thunderbird uses the
> whole of the message in stead of the selected part. Is this normal
> behaviour of thunderbird, is there perhaps an extension for this?

Yes, it's normal. Just delete the bits you don't want.

AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven@aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven@hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven@yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508