Old 01-06-2008, 09:18 PM
"Karl Chester"

Default install guide

Title: install guide

I have made the required install CD, however cannot find directions for installing on my hard drive. For example, do I need to partition the disk first to avoid conflict with my WinXP OS? Thanks…

Karl Chester

Old 01-06-2008, 09:43 PM
"Martin Walshe"

On Jan 6, 2008 10:18 PM, Karl Chester <karlchester@comcast.net> wrote:

I have made the required install CD, however cannot find directions for installing on my hard drive. For example, do I need to partition the disk first to avoid conflict with my WinXP OS? Thanks

Karl Chester

Very good guide here might want to print it off if unsure
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GraphicalInstall

Martin.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:48 PM
anthony baldwin

Karl Chester wrote:

> I have made the required install CD, however cannot find directions
> for installing on my hard drive. For example, do I need to partition
> the disk first to avoid conflict with my WinXP OS? Thanks…
>
> Karl Chester

If I recall correctly, the installation program *can* do the
installation, but, personally,
I prefer to do it myself, first, for which purpose, I recommend using
gparted, which
is on the LiveCD (System>Administration>Gparted).
It is a simply, graphical interface for partitioning the drive.

/tony

--
http://www.BaldwinLinguas.com - Translation & Interpreting

http://www.LinguasOS.org - Linux for Translators

mais la langue, aucun homme ne peut la dompter;
c'est un mal qu'on ne peut réprimer;
elle est pleine d'un venin mortel.