Old 01-06-2008, 05:46 PM
"Ankur Jain"

Default Apache Windows NTFS partitions

I've installed apache and I can list the indexes of the directories available on the ext3 file systems. But if I try to include the windows (NTFS) partitions for listing the contents through symbolic links,* I get the permission errors. Permission on the symlinks is 777, still the problem persists.

--
Regards
Ankur Jain

http://ankurjain.org

Old 01-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Nils Kassube

Ankur Jain wrote:
> I've installed apache and I can list the indexes of the directories
> available on the ext3 file systems. But if I try to include the windows
> (NTFS) partitions for listing the contents through symbolic links, I
> get the permission errors. Permission on the symlinks is 777, still the
> problem persists.

The permissions of all symlinks are 777 but only the permissions of the
actual file are important. If your apache has no rights to read the file
where the symlink is pointing to (including the entire path), it can't
read it via a symlink either.

Nils