I was trying to setup Apache MySQL and PHP on Dapper.
1. Had some trouble with MySQL and the socket
1. Can't really remember what
2. Something to do with /tmp and the socket file
2. Tried to install Cacti
1. it installed
2. had a cacti database in MySQL
3. Was unable to access the web interface for cacti
3. I uninstalled cacti
4. I uninstalled mysql-server
1. it said it was removed (apt-get remove --purge mysql-server)
2. I still have /etc/mysql
3. I still have mysqld
Why can't I remove mysql-server?
I'm going to reboot and see if that does anything.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users