Old 12-19-2009, 10:28 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Default Windows Media Player 11 playlist

Scott wrote:
> Does anybody know of software that can create Windows Media Player 11
> playlist? I just purchases a Walkman and the only playlist it is able
> to play is the WMP 11 ones.
>
> A search on synaptic and google provided little help.

My old Opal pocket player will play mp3, WMV, JPG and others.
Why is yours so limited I wonder? I have never heard of a
WMP-11 so that must be very new. My player has 1 GB of space
so I have a fine music and picture player

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 12-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Scott

On 09-12-19 06:28 PM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> My old Opal pocket player will play mp3, WMV, JPG and others.
> Why is yours so limited I wonder?
The Walkman can play all three of those and more, but you can add
playlist to the MP3 player as well, but, when it comes to playlist it is
very limited and will only take the ones created by Windows Media Player.

> I have never heard of a
> WMP-11 so that must be very new.
WMP 11 stands for Windows Media Player 11.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 9.10

Old 12-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Steve

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vai p.werro.ee%2Felvar%2Fplaylist%2F%22
--
Steve

Old 12-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Steve

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 22:43:48 -0000, Scott <sclewin@sgaming.ca> wrote:

> Does anybody know of software that can create Windows Media Player 11
> playlist? I just purchases a Walkman and the only playlist it is able
> to play is the WMP 11 ones.
>
> A search on synaptic and google provided little help.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vai p.werro.ee%2Felvar%2Fplaylist%2F%22
just noticed the date on that when you go to download it, 2004, so it is
probably not suitable.
--
Steve

Old 12-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Scott

On 09-12-19 06:51 PM, Steve wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 22:43:48 -0000, Scott<sclewin@sgaming.ca> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know of software that can create Windows Media Player 11
>> playlist? I just purchases a Walkman and the only playlist it is able
>> to play is the WMP 11 ones.
>>
>> A search on synaptic and google provided little help.
>>

> http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vai p.werro.ee%2Felvar%2Fplaylist%2F%22
Thank you, but I don't think that will help me as I am looking to create
playlist for a MP3 player and this software looks like it is to create
playlist for streaming online.

I did some more research and noticed the file format I need to create is
WPL (Windows Media Player Playlist) and that it is an XML format. So, I
could, in theory, create it using gedit, but that would take a very long
time.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Florian Diesch

Scott <sclewin@sgaming.ca> writes:

> Does anybody know of software that can create Windows Media Player 11
> playlist? I just purchases a Walkman and the only playlist it is able
> to play is the WMP 11 ones.

How do this playlists look like?

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/software/shell-scripts/>

Old 12-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Scott

On 09-12-19 07:35 PM, Florian Diesch wrote:
> Scott<sclewin@sgaming.ca> writes:
>
>> Does anybody know of software that can create Windows Media Player 11
>> playlist? I just purchases a Walkman and the only playlist it is able
>> to play is the WMP 11 ones.
>
> How do this playlists look like?
This is an example from wikipedia:

<?wpl version="1.0"?>
<smil>
<head>
-- 11.0.5721.5145"/>
<author/>
<title>Bach Organ Works</title>
</head>
<seq>
<media
src="servervolmusicClassicalBachOrganWorkscd03 rack01.mp3"/>
<media
src="servervolmusicClassicalBachOrganWorkscd03 rack02.mp3"/>
<media
src="servervolmusicClassicalBachOrganWorkscd03 rack03.mp3"/>
</seq>
</smil>

Old 12-20-2009, 11:20 AM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Scott wrote:
> On 09-12-19 06:28 PM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>> My old Opal pocket player will play mp3, WMV, JPG and others.
>> Why is yours so limited I wonder?
> The Walkman can play all three of those and more, but you can add
> playlist to the MP3 player as well, but, when it comes to playlist it is
> very limited and will only take the ones created by Windows Media Player.
>
>> I have never heard of a
>> WMP-11 so that must be very new.
> WMP 11 stands for Windows Media Player 11.

OK. Mine has a built-in play list that is either one right
after the other, or it jumps around through the music. By the
way my music is all Classical and some are quite long.

I could not use WMP-11.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Sun Dec 20 14:30:03 2009
From: =?UTF-8?B?TWFsbGlrYXJqdW4o4LKu4LKy4LON4LKy4LK/4LKV4LK+4LKw4LON4LKc4LOB4LKo4LONKQ==?=
<mallik.v.arjun@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 17:53:19 +0530
Subject: Re: Compiz cube - no cubes in sight
To: idave147@gmail.com, "Ubuntu user technical support,
not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Sender: ubuntu-users-bounces@lists.ubuntu.com

--===============6981434407852597943==

--001636b14ba0ed72c0047b280a9a

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Israel David <idave147@gmail.com> wrote:

> On "Compiz config settings manager" I have the "desktop cube" and "rotate
> cube" enabled.
>
> I can switch between desktops alright but there are *no cubes* in sight.
>
> How can I have my cubes like everyone else?
>
> Go to Compiz Settings --> General options --> Desktop Size
Increase size >=4.

Now you can have a cube

--001636b14ba0ed72c0047b280a9a

David <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:idave147@gmail.com">idave147@=
=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; p=
adding-left: 1ex;">

quot;desktop cube&quot; and &quot;rotate cube&quot; enabled.<br><br>I can s=

lass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); ma=
rgin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

ubuntu-users mailing list<br>
com</a><br>
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: <a href=3D"https://lists.ubuntu.com/mail=
an/listinfo/ubuntu-users</a><br>

--001636b14ba0ed72c0047b280a9a--

--===============6981434407852597943==--

Old 12-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Scott

On 09-12-20 07:20 AM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> OK. Mine has a built-in play list that is either one right
> after the other, or it jumps around through the music.
The Walkman haves random play(shuffle) and it can also play by artist,
album, genre, or folder. Truthfully the playlist feature is not really
needed.

> I could not use WMP-11.
Me neither. If I can not find a way to create the playlist I will
simply not use the feature. Truthfully, I did not even know the MP3
player could play playlist until I read about it in the manual.

With the playlist being a XML format what I might do in the future is
write my own shell or Python script that can create the playlist. If it
is a simple XML file it should not be too difficult.