Old 12-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Alan McKay

Default 64 bit zlib?

OK, never mine I got cinelerra installed thus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPY5Hm7FPWs

we'll see how it goes as for using it - looks pretty complex :-)

Old 12-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

Alan McKay wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> So, in googilng for a good video editor I hit upon cinerlerra

Installed from ubuntu mirror or where? I was going to install
cinerlerra from ubuntu Karmic repos but aptitude can't find file. Is it
spelled correctly. I was going to see if I got the same error as you
and report.

> But when I run 'configure' it complains it cannot find zlib. It is
> of course there, even in the latest version, but only in 32 bit

On my pure 64 bit Karmic, I have these zlibs listed:

zlib-bin, zlib1g, zlibc and several others with zlib as part of the file
name. I installed all of those and got this output on several
during the setup apps:
Ignoring install-info called from maintainer script
The package zlibc should be rebuild with new debhelper to get trigger
support. What ever it means. Perhaps it's the problem.

> root@alan-ubuntu:~/zlib-1.2.3# dpkg-query -S /usr/lib32/libz.so.1.2.3.3
> lib32z1: /usr/lib32/libz.so.1.2.3.3

libz.so.1.2.3.3 is located in the /lib folder on my pure 64 bit Karmic.
/usr/lib64 is linked to /lib.

> root@alan-ubuntu:~/zlib-1.2.3# ls /usr/lib64/libz*
> /usr/lib64/libzephyr.so.4 /usr/lib64/libzephyr.so.4.0.0
>

> As you can see from my prompt I've downloaded zlib sources and am
> ready to build it. But I'm wondering first if the 64 bit version is
> already out there somewhere from apt-get?

Don't know if this is any help but at least you have more info on a 64
bit Karmic install.

--
Leonard
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 12-19-2009, 08:25 PM
NoOp

http://cinelerra.org/getting_cinelerra.php
http://cinelerra.org/getting_cinelerra.php#karmic

Old 12-19-2009, 08:29 PM
NoOp

On 12/19/2009 11:43 AM, Alan McKay wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> So, in googilng for a good video editor I hit upon cinerlerra
>
> But when I run 'configure' it complains it cannot find zlib. It is
> of course there, even in the latest version, but only in 32 bit
>
> root@alan-ubuntu:~/zlib-1.2.3# dpkg-query -S /usr/lib32/libz.so.1.2.3.3
> lib32z1: /usr/lib32/libz.so.1.2.3.3

I see you got it running, so a question: any particular reason you are
running as root & installing as root?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RootSudo

Old 12-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Alan McKay

> I see you got it running, so a question: any particular reason you are
> running as root & installing as root?

Yeah, I prefer to be root during installations rather than having to
type "sudo" all the time.

I've been around UNIX systems for over 25 years now and it has only
bitten me once :-)

(knock on wood)