Old 12-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Noah

Default open source program for showing six degrees

Hi list,

Ive seen a nice app that takes pictures and shows how people are
socially connected to one another and makes a Jpg. So I am looking for
a similar app that takes this type of information and makes a GUI
clickable webpage.

Here is what i am looking to do. I want to have icons/pictures for
companies then have icon/pictures for people. Then by certain data we
can connect the companies and people together to create collage of lines
and pictures and stuff. Perhaps if you click the people and or
companies you can send to a link that is a biography and/or company
profile.

Is there anything out there that somebody knows about that is already
coded and does a decent job?

Cheers,

Noah

Old 12-19-2009, 07:34 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 11:32:32 -0800
Noah <noah-list@enabled.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Ive seen a nice app that takes pictures and shows how people are
> socially connected to one another and makes a Jpg. So I am looking
> for a similar app that takes this type of information and makes a GUI
> clickable webpage.
>
> Here is what i am looking to do. I want to have icons/pictures for
> companies then have icon/pictures for people. Then by certain data
> we can connect the companies and people together to create collage of
> lines and pictures and stuff. Perhaps if you click the people and or
> companies you can send to a link that is a biography and/or company
> profile.
>
> Is there anything out there that somebody knows about that is already
> coded and does a decent job?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Noah

Would this help? It at least will generate HTML and the mapping part
sounds like it would work for your linkages.
kdissert:
mindmapping tool

kdissert is a mindmapping tool for supporting the creation of complex
documents: dissertations, theses, presentations, and reports. It
supports pictures and features several document generators: LaTeX
reports, LaTeX slides (based on Prosper and Beamer), OpenOffice.org
documents, HTML, and plain text.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs