Old 12-19-2009, 07:03 AM
wang xin

Default i am freshman

Hi every one,this is the first time that i use the mailling list, and i don't know how to use it, i supposed the mail which discuss the ubuntu will send to me automatically, but they not.i hope any one who recieve the mail can guide me use the mailling list, thank all you.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:57 AM
"TopBot ."

+it says this list is members only.. i already subscribed... but the mail goes to moderator for approval.. how do u become a member??

Old 12-19-2009, 12:14 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

wang xin wrote:
> Hi every one,
> this is the first time that i use the mailling list, and i don't know how to
> use it, i supposed the mail which discuss the ubuntu will send to me
> automatically, but they not.
> i hope any one who recieve the mail can guide me use the mailling list,
> thank all you.

Looks like your email provider is gmail. Are you getting your
list mail by IMAP? If so then your mail will not be sent to you.

This is normal. Your email is getting to the list.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 12-19-2009, 12:35 PM
"TopBot ."

tx.. n how to become a member?

Old 12-19-2009, 12:39 PM
"TopBot ."

+ on sending each mail to the list i get this msg:

Your mail to 'ubuntu-users' with the subject

* *Re: hi

The reason it is being held:

* *Post by non-member to a members-only list

notification of the moderator's decision.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:46 PM
wangxin

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> wang xin wrote:
>
>> Hi every one,
>> this is the first time that i use the mailling list, and i don't know how to
>> use it, i supposed the mail which discuss the ubuntu will send to me
>> automatically, but they not.
>> i hope any one who recieve the mail can guide me use the mailling list,
>> thank all you.
>>

> Looks like your email provider is gmail. Are you getting your
> list mail by IMAP? If so then your mail will not be sent to you.
>
> This is normal. Your email is getting to the list.
>
> 73 Karl

Hi Karl,
I can receive your mails now, thanks.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:23 PM
"TopBot ."

+ on sending each mail to the list i get this msg and users dont seem to be getting my mail:

Old 12-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Fred Roller

wang xin wrote:
> Hi every one,
> this is the first time that i use the mailling list, and i don't know
> how to use it, i supposed the mail which discuss the ubuntu will send
> to me automatically, but they not.
> i hope any one who recieve the mail can guide me use the mailling
> list, thank all you.
Welcome to the list. If you have not done so, read through the code of
conduct:

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct

this should help you start. I look forward to your participation.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple. If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."

Old 12-21-2009, 08:13 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

TopBot . wrote:
> tx.. n how to become a member?

Go to the Ubuntu web page and join this list.

73 Karl

> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> wang xin wrote:
>>> Hi every one,
>>> this is the first time that i use the mailling list, and i don't know how
>>> use it, i supposed the mail which discuss the ubuntu will send to me
>>> automatically, but they not.
>>> i hope any one who recieve the mail can guide me use the mailling list,
>>> thank all you.
>>>

>> Looks like your email provider is gmail. Are you getting your
>> list mail by IMAP? If so then your mail will not be sent to you.
>>
>> This is normal. Your email is getting to the list.
>>
>> 73 Karl
>>

>> --
>>
>> Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>> Linux User
>> #450462 http://counter.li.org.
>> Key ID = 3951B48D
>>

>> --

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
Key ID = 3951B48D

Old 12-26-2009, 10:28 PM
"TopBot ."

on sending each mail to the list i get the below msg. how can i get rid of it? (i'm already subscribed to the list. does that mean that i'm a member?)

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 2:13 AM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:

TopBot . wrote:

> tx.. n how to become a member?

* * * *Go to the Ubuntu web page and join this list.

73 Karl

> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:

>> wang xin wrote:

>>> Hi every one,

>>> this is the first time that i use the mailling list, and i don't know how

>>> use it, i supposed the mail which discuss the ubuntu will send to me

>>> automatically, but they not.

>>> i hope any one who recieve the mail can guide me use the mailling list,

>>> thank all you.

>> * * * * Looks like your email provider is gmail. Are you getting your

>> list mail by IMAP? If so then your mail will not be sent to you.

>> * * * *This is normal. Your email is getting to the list.

>> 73 Karl

>> --

>> * * * *Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

>> * * * *Linux User