Old 12-19-2009, 03:28 AM
John Heinen

Default After corruption clean the whiolw disc

I have someone's computer here, totally corrupted, the message I get is
" No keyboard or no mouse" the only way I can get onto the drive is by
puppy Linux, how do I completely format this drive?

Old 12-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Christian Schult

Hello John,

John Heinen wrote:

> I have someone's computer here, totally corrupted, the message I get is
> " No keyboard or no mouse" the only way I can get onto the drive is by
> puppy Linux, how do I completely format this drive?

To completely clean the drive just overwrite it with zeros. Boot puppy
linux, guess the harddrive you want to clear ist /dev/sda:

$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda

This will wipe out any data on the disk, really. All data will be
lost, all partitons are gone. No need to do this twice or more often.
You will not be able to restore anything.

This will not solve the problem (no keyboard or no mouse), i think.
Already checked BIOS settings, maybe reset BIOS to defaults? Change
keyboard and mouse?

Christian

Old 12-19-2009, 12:10 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

John Heinen wrote:
> I have someone's computer here, totally corrupted, the message I get is
> " No keyboard or no mouse" the only way I can get onto the drive is by
> puppy Linux, how do I completely format this drive?

Check to see if either the keyboard or the mouse are not
connected.

If you want to reformat the hard drive boot up in a liveCD
and do that.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 12-19-2009, 04:48 PM
John Heinen

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> John Heinen wrote:
>
>> I have someone's computer here, totally corrupted, the message I get is
>> " No keyboard or no mouse" the only way I can get onto the drive is by
>> puppy Linux, how do I completely format this drive?
>>

> Check to see if either the keyboard or the mouse are not
> connected.
>
> If you want to reformat the hard drive boot up in a liveCD
> and do that.
>
> 73 Karl

Right Karl, So simple with a life cd. Yes they are both connected I gues
it was an ugly virus. John

Old 12-19-2009, 05:22 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

John Heinen wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>> John Heinen wrote:
>>
>>> I have someone's computer here, totally corrupted, the message I get is
>>> " No keyboard or no mouse" the only way I can get onto the drive is by
>>> puppy Linux, how do I completely format this drive?
>>>

>> Check to see if either the keyboard or the mouse are not
>> connected.
>>
>> If you want to reformat the hard drive boot up in a liveCD
>> and do that.
>>
>> 73 Karl
>>

> Right Karl, So simple with a life cd. Yes they are both connected I gues
> it was an ugly virus. John

Are you using windows? Download a liveCD of the Ubuntu you
want to load.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI