Old 12-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Chris G

Default How to set up ssh connection to another system using "Passwords and Encryption Keys"?

Can anyone point me at some instructions which show how to set up an
ssh connection using the Passwords/Keys kept in "Passwords and
Encryption Keys" (that's actually seahorse).

I've hunted and hunted but can't find anywhere that gives step by step
instructions on how to do it. E.g. I want something like:-

1 - Create a new XXX entry in "Passwords and Encryption Keys"
2 - Copy the public key to the remote system
3 - Logout and log back in again
4 - ssh to the remote system should now work 'passwordless'

I need to know what needs to be installed and running on the system as
well as a "what the user does" sequence. Currently I have done
something like the sequence outlined above but it simply doesn't work
at all.

--
Chris Green