Old 12-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Nathan Bahn

Default Help needed urgently please: Couldn't solve "400 Bad Request" during sytem update

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 11:27 -0800, NoOp wrote:

On 12/16/2009 01:31 AM, arshad wrote:
> hi all,
> please help me to solve this problem, i still couldn't figure it out.
> whenever i try to update or install, i get this error:

So, now you start a new thread? Why don't you answer the questions asked
in your original thread: "Re: 400 bad request (cant update or install)"?

> On 12/13/2009 09:45 PM, arshad wrote:
>> > 400 Bad Request
> This sounds like a dns issue. Please check your /etc/resolv.conf and see
> if your isp's dns servers are listed correctly, or listed at all.
>
> From a terminal post the output of:
>
> $ cat etc/resolv.conf
> and
> $ host archive.ubuntu.com

Also, please post the responses back in your original thread so that
others don't have to look at both.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:33 AM, arshad <arshad3m@gmail.com> wrote:

thanks buddy for replying.

i actually overlooked the reply there. since im still getting used to evolution.

here is what the output:

$ cat /etc/resolv.conf

# Generated by NetworkManager

nameserver 203.115.24.221

nameserver 172.19.10.25

$ host archive.ubuntu.com

archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.45

archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.46

archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.30

archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.31

archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.40

thank you again.

Arshad--

For future reference please be advised that the convention on this PARTICULAR list-serve is to place one's response at the bottom of the email so that all of the messages in it can then be read in chronological order (e.g., see the above where I placed your reply in reference to NoOp's message).*

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html & http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)

Old 12-17-2009, 02:27 PM
arshad

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 07:26 -0500, Nathan Bahn wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 11:27 -0800, NoOp wrote:
> > On 12/16/2009 01:31 AM, arshad wrote:
> > > hi all,
> > > please help me to solve this problem, i still couldn't figure it out.
> > > whenever i try to update or install, i get this error:
> > >

> > So, now you start a new thread? Why don't you answer the questions asked
> > in your original thread: "Re: 400 bad request (cant update or install)"?

> > > This sounds like a dns issue. Please check your /etc/resolv.conf and see
> > > if your isp's dns servers are listed correctly, or listed at all.
> > >
> > > From a terminal post the output of:
> > >
> > > $ cat etc/resolv.conf
> > > and
> > > $ host archive.ubuntu.com
> > >

> > Also, please post the responses back in your original thread so that
> > others don't have to look at both.

> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:33 AM, arshad <arshad3m@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks buddy for replying.
> i actually overlooked the reply there. since im still getting used to
> evolution.
> here is what the output:
> $ cat /etc/resolv.conf
> # Generated by NetworkManager
> nameserver 203.115.24.221
> nameserver 172.19.10.25
>
> $ host archive.ubuntu.com
> archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.45
> archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.46
> archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.30
> archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.31
> archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.40
>
> thank you again.
>

> Arshad--
>
> For future reference please be advised that the convention on this
> PARTICULAR list-serve is to place one's response at the bottom of the
> email so that all of the messages in it can then be read in
> chronological order (e.g., see the above where I placed your reply in
> reference to NoOp's message).
>
> --N.B.
> See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
> http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)

thanks for the advice.
and please forgive me for the silly method i had been replying.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Nathan Bahn

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 07:26 -0500, Nathan Bahn wrote:

> * * **

> Arshad--

> For future reference please be advised that the convention on this

> PARTICULAR list-serve is to place one's response at the bottom of the

> email so that all of the messages in it can then be read in

> chronological order (e.g., see the above where I placed your reply in

> reference to NoOp's message).

> --N.B.

> See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &

> http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)

thanks for the advice.

and please forgive me for the silly method i had been replying.

Arshad--
You're quite welcome.* As far as mistakes -- silly or otherwise -- are concerned, I can only quote to you this computer proverb:* "To err is human, but to really screw up requires a computer!"

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html & http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)

Old 12-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Arshad

yes im using TOR with firefox extension. and yesterday i found that my
friend who is also using TOR is having the same problem as me

On 17/12/2009, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 12/17/2009 12:33 AM, arshad wrote:
>> thanks buddy for replying.
>> i actually overlooked the reply there. since im still getting used to
>> evolution.
>> here is what the output:
>> $ cat /etc/resolv.conf
>> # Generated by NetworkManager
>> nameserver 203.115.24.221
>> nameserver 172.19.10.25
>>
>> $ host archive.ubuntu.com
>> archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.45
>> archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.46
>> archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.30
>> archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.31
>> archive.ubuntu.com has address 91.189.88.40
>>
>> thank you again.
>
> Well I'm somewhat stumped; dns seems to be working fine,
> archive.ubuntu.com resolves just fine. Are you by chance using a proxy?

Arshad