Old 12-17-2009, 05:18 AM
"Neil Aggarwal"

Default Headphone jack sense missing in Ubuntu 9.10

Hello:

When I was running Ubuntu 8.10 on my laptop, there
was an option called headphone jack sense when I right
clicked on the volume control.

I did a fresh install of 9.10 on the same laptop and
now I can't find that option.

Where did it go?

Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net
Host Joomla!, Wordpress, phpBB, or vBulletin for $25/mo

Old 12-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Frans Ketelaars

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 00:18:24 -0600, Neil Aggarwal wrote:

> Hello:
>
> When I was running Ubuntu 8.10 on my laptop, there was an option called
> headphone jack sense when I right clicked on the volume control.
>
> I did a fresh install of 9.10 on the same laptop and now I can't find
> that option.
>
> Where did it go?
>
> Neil

I would first try alsamixer, see:
http://newyork.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8282852#post8282852

Also try googling for: headphone jack sense ubuntu 9.10 . Last but not
least: you didn't say what laptop you use ...

Good luck!

-Frans