Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Alain Muls

Default sound, pdf and menu in Ubuntu Karmic

Hi All

I use chromium (v4.0.269.0 (Ubuntu build 34346)) on Ubuntu Karmic and
like its fast rendering of pages. Still it has 2 main drawbacks:
- I have no sound on youtube, while Firefox does have sound. I copied
the libflashplayer.so into the directory /opt/google/chrome/plugins as
was suggested, but in vain.
- when I click on a PDF link I get a black page. The only way to get
PDFs is to download them and open them in Acroread or evince.

How to get both things right?

I also like very much the LinuxMint menu. Is there an equivalent
application menu for Ubuntu? Or can one install the linuxmint menu in
Ubuntu?

Tx/Alain