Old 12-16-2009, 10:28 AM
khobbos khobbos

Default Help (grub config after cloning)

Dear sir ..
i used clonezilla to make an image for ubuntu 9.10
when i finished the cloning
it tell me :
*you might have to modify* /etc/fstab and grub config file in the restored gnu/linux to affect these change so that it can boot succefully!*

any one can help how can i edit them and what should i edit ??

thank's

Windows 7: It helps you do more. Explore Windows 7.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:49 AM
NoOp

On 12/16/2009 03:28 AM, khobbos khobbos wrote:

> Dear sir ..
> i used clonezilla to make an image for ubuntu 9.10
> when i finished the cloning
> it tell me :
> *you might have to modify /etc/fstab and grub config file in the restored gnu/linux to affect these change so that it can boot succefully!*
>
> any one can help how can i edit them and what should i edit ??

uuid's in both fstab and grub need to match. I've not used clonzilla,
but it's possible that it is like dd and copies the uuids from the image
over to the new image. If the uuid's do not match then you'll have boot
issues. See my post "dd + gparted + UUID" for a similar issue with dd.
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/202144

Additional ref links:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UsingUUID
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fstab