Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Jozsef

Default Creative Labs CA0106 Soundblaster

Hi

As mentioned in subject I have 5.1 Creative Labs CA0106 Soundblaster and
it works out of the box except the microphone.
My Ubuntu is 9.10 32bit.
I got the same card working with other distro as well. Not out of the
box but I got the drivers for ALSA and I had the same issue with microphone.
Anybody has some experience with this sound card or some suggestion what
I could try to do with it?

Thank you.

Best,
Jozsef

Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Jozsef

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 16:55 +0400, Jozsef wrote:
> Hi
>
> As mentioned in subject I have 5.1 Creative Labs CA0106 Soundblaster and
> it works out of the box except the microphone.
> My Ubuntu is 9.10 32bit.
> I got the same card working with other distro as well. Not out of the
> box but I got the drivers for ALSA and I had the same issue with microphone.
> Anybody has some experience with this sound card or some suggestion what
> I could try to do with it?
>
> Thank you.
>

> Best,
> Jozsef

Sorry. All messages went to my spam folder so I though something went
wrong and sent it few times.

--
Best,
Jozsef Kurucity | Web & Graphic Designer

Old 12-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Andrew Farris

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 20:00 +0400, Jozsef wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 16:55 +0400, Jozsef wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > As mentioned in subject I have 5.1 Creative Labs CA0106 Soundblaster and
> > it works out of the box except the microphone.
> > My Ubuntu is 9.10 32bit.
> > I got the same card working with other distro as well. Not out of the
> > box but I got the drivers for ALSA and I had the same issue with microphone.
> > Anybody has some experience with this sound card or some suggestion what
> > I could try to do with it?

I've actually got this same card, and I haven't had any issues with it,
apart from the output being crap occasionally.

I've never had issues with the microphone port myself. I used to use it
with a headset for VoIP, but I have since switched to using a USB mic.

If I can find my headset again, I'll plug it back up and see if it still
works.

--
Andrew

Old 12-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Jozsef

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 14:23 -0600, Andrew Farris wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 20:00 +0400, Jozsef wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 16:55 +0400, Jozsef wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > As mentioned in subject I have 5.1 Creative Labs CA0106 Soundblaster and
> > > it works out of the box except the microphone.
> > > My Ubuntu is 9.10 32bit.
> > > I got the same card working with other distro as well. Not out of the
> > > box but I got the drivers for ALSA and I had the same issue with microphone.
> > > Anybody has some experience with this sound card or some suggestion what
> > > I could try to do with it?
>
> I've actually got this same card, and I haven't had any issues with it,
> apart from the output being crap occasionally.
>
> I've never had issues with the microphone port myself. I used to use it
> with a headset for VoIP, but I have since switched to using a USB mic.
>
> If I can find my headset again, I'll plug it back up and see if it still
> works.
>
> --
> Andrew
> _____________________________
> Registered Linux User: 473690
> Registered Ubuntu User: 22747

Maybe some of these outputs http://pastebin.com/m4272bec can be helpful
to somebody as well
I just don't know if I'm using ALSA or what I'm using now, because sound
worked out of the box so I didn't have a need to touch anything.
If for you mic is working then it must be something is wrong with my
settings. Maybe I should change some of them.
And this is a screenshot of alsamixer
http://omploader.org/vMzBuag/alsamixer.png

Don't know what else to try.