-   -   Gutsy will not recognize dvdr UPDATE (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/296-gutsy-will-not-recognize-dvdr-update.html)

Ed Miller 11-18-2007 06:01 PM

Ed Miller wrote:
> I reinstalled gutsy to make using my extra hard drive easier. I used my
> dvd to install it. Now I am trying to use the dvd player to install
> build-essentials but can't get Gutsy to recognize the dvd. It's not just
> that dvd, it is any disc i put in the drive. I have also tried to get it
> to recognize my external drive to no avail. Both of these drives worked
> flawlessly with the old install. Any suggestions?
>
> Ed

Don't know what happened but I just sat down to my computer, booted it
up and now both dvd-r's are working fine.
Ed

NoOp 11-18-2007 09:49 PM

On 11/18/2007 11:01 AM, Ed Miller wrote:
> Ed Miller wrote:
>> I reinstalled gutsy to make using my extra hard drive easier. I used my
>> dvd to install it. Now I am trying to use the dvd player to install
>> build-essentials but can't get Gutsy to recognize the dvd. It's not just
>> that dvd, it is any disc i put in the drive. I have also tried to get it
>> to recognize my external drive to no avail. Both of these drives worked
>> flawlessly with the old install. Any suggestions?
>>
>> Ed
>>

> Don't know what happened but I just sat down to my computer, booted it
> up and now both dvd-r's are working fine.
> Ed

Magic? Reboot 5 more times to see if the Ubuntu dieties are still
smiling on you :-)

James Takac 11-18-2007 11:41 PM

On Monday 19 November 2007 05:01:18 Ed Miller wrote:
> Ed Miller wrote:
> > I reinstalled gutsy to make using my extra hard drive easier. I used my
> > dvd to install it. Now I am trying to use the dvd player to install
> > build-essentials but can't get Gutsy to recognize the dvd. It's not just
> > that dvd, it is any disc i put in the drive. I have also tried to get it
> > to recognize my external drive to no avail. Both of these drives worked
> > flawlessly with the old install. Any suggestions?
> >
> > Ed
>
> Don't know what happened but I just sat down to my computer, booted it
> up and now both dvd-r's are working fine.
> Ed

Hi Ed

Wouldn't that just get ya goat? Not knowing why or how it got working. Good to
know it's working though

James