Old 12-15-2009, 08:28 PM
David Stephens

Default Using Ubuntu virtual hard disk image to install in it's own dual boot partition on Intel iMac running OS X 10.5.8

>> I am currently using Ubuntu 9.10, running in VirtualBox, on an iMac
>> with
>> OS X 10.5.8.
>>
>> I have fallen in love with Ubuntu but I share the computer with my
>> wife.
>> My wife still prefers OS X so I thought I would install Windows using
>> Boot Camp and immediately install Ubuntu 9.10 using WUBI. I want to
>> experience Ubuntu in a native environment with a real 3D capable
>> graphics card.
>>
>> My fist question: Is there an easier way to use dual booting other
>> than
>> using WUBI on Windows with Boot Camp on an Intel iMac (Intel Core 2
>> Duo
>> 2.66 GHz, 2GB Ram, ATI 2600HD)?
>>
>> My second question: Is there a way to make a DVD install image of my
>> current install (with all settings and files intact) and installing
>> that
>> image with WUBI on the above partition?
>>
>> Sincere thanks in advance:
>>
>> David Stephens
>> Asheboro, NC
>>

> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MactelSupportTeam/AppleIntelInstallation
>
> --
> Steve

Thank you steve!!

That is exactly what I was looking for in the way of booting options.
I feel foolish now for asking on the list. It is obvious I did not
dig hard enough for this answer elsewhere. Now to find an image
creator to install into this dual booting goodness.