Old 12-15-2009, 07:10 PM
David Stephens

Default Using Ubuntu virtual hard disk image to install in it's own dual boot partition on Intel iMac running OS X 10.5.8

I am currently using Ubuntu 9.10, running in VirtualBox, on an iMac with
OS X 10.5.8.

I have fallen in love with Ubuntu but I share the computer with my wife.
My wife still prefers OS X so I thought I would install Windows using
Boot Camp and immediately install Ubuntu 9.10 using WUBI. I want to
experience Ubuntu in a native environment with a real 3D capable
graphics card.

My fist question: Is there an easier way to use dual booting other than
using WUBI on Windows with Boot Camp on an Intel iMac (Intel Core 2 Duo
2.66 GHz, 2GB Ram, ATI 2600HD)?

My second question: Is there a way to make a DVD install image of my
current install (with all settings and files intact) and installing that
image with WUBI on the above partition?

Sincere thanks in advance:

David Stephens
Asheboro, NC