Old 12-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Huw

Default No display with onboard graphics

Hi all

Firstly, apologies for how this email may look; I'm forced to use webmail for the time being and apparently emails can look awful when I use it.

My nVidia graphics card recently died, so I've switched to the onboard chip, part of an Intel DQ965GF motherboard.* But now I can't get a display in Ubuntu.* If I try to boot using the recovery console it messes up because apparently it can't mount something mentioned in fstab.* If I try booting Ubuntu normally my monitor doesn't get any input.* Currently I'm being forced to use Windows 7 because it boots fine using the onboard graphics.

Any advice appreciated!

Huw

Old 12-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

> Firstly, apologies for how this email may look; I'm
> forced to use webmail for the time being and apparently
> emails can look awful when I use it.
>
> My nVidia graphics card recently died, so I've switched
> to the onboard chip, part of an Intel DQ965GF
> motherboard.* But now I can't get a display in
> Ubuntu.* If I try to boot using the recovery console it
> messes up because apparently it can't mount something
> mentioned in fstab.* If I try booting Ubuntu normally
> my monitor doesn't get any input.* Currently
> I'm being forced to use Windows 7 because it boots fine
> using the onboard graphics.
>
> Any advice appreciated!

Maybe boot from live or alt Ubuntu CD, chroot into the Ubuntu partition and repair your video drivers from there.
Some one else will have to tell you how if you don't already know how.
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net