Old 12-14-2009, 06:01 PM
sebastien

Default skype, p2p connection fails

Hi all.

Im facing an odd problem :

Ive installed skype with the repository. Could not connect, P2P
error it said. So I uninstalled it and found a skype2.1.deb package,
the latest.

Same prob : P2P connection fails.

As Im runnning an apache server, I changed the ports numbers, but no
change.

... while skypÍ works on my very old W2K laptop on the same dsl
connection.
grrrrr. Does anyone has a clue ?

seb

Old 12-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Hal Burgiss

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 08:01:06PM +0100, sebastien wrote:

> Im facing an odd problem :
>
> Ive installed skype with the repository. Could not connect, P2P
> error it said. So I uninstalled it and found a skype2.1.deb package,
> the latest.
>
> Same prob : P2P connection fails.

Any firewall or security stuff running? I have skype installed on 2 Ubuntu
systems, and never had a problem for what I use it for. Just seems to work.

--
Hal

Old 12-15-2009, 08:21 AM
sebastien

Problem solved, I don't know why cos I didn't change anything. Maybe
thanks to a reboot.

Thanks to all.
seb

just a standard ubuntu 8.04 configuration running