Old 12-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Juan Jesús Cremades Monserrat

Default New Releases of JeOS soon?

Hi!

Will there be a new release of JeOS soon? I want to know if there will be a new release which supports some kernel with 64 bit processor's. It would be fine run Ubuntu wothout PAE.* Thanks!

Old 12-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

> Juan Jesús Cremades Monserrat <relicary@gmail.com> :
> Will there be a new release of JeOS soon? I want to know if there
> will be a new release which supports some kernel with 64 bit
> processor's. It would be fine run Ubuntu wothout PAE. Thanks!

For virtualization, you can safely run an ubuntu-server with KVM.
what problems did you encounter?

+261 34 29 155 34 / +261 33 11 207 36

Old 12-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Werner Schram

Hi, Juan,

Juan Jesús Cremades Monserrat wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Will there be a new release of JeOS soon? I want to know if there will be a
> new release which supports some kernel with 64 bit processor's. It would be
> fine run Ubuntu wothout PAE. Thanks!

I was also curious about why there are so little JeOS releases, but then
I found this page:

https://help.ubuntu.com/9.10/serverguide/C/jeos-and-vmbuilder.html

So JeOS has become a part of the ubuntu-server distribution now. If you
select the "minimal installation" option, you will get a JeOS
installation. From a running ubuntu system you can use the
"ubuntu-vm-builder" package, which allows you to create a fresh vm
installation in less then 5 minutes (according to the documentation).

I'm sorry for the confusion in my last mail, I didn't know about the
inclusion in ubuntu server, so I assumed that 8.10 was the last version.
I myself have been creating vm images using the "debootstrap" command
until now. So I learned something new too!

Regards,
Werner