Old 12-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Robert Wigle

Default need some help

I resently installed Ubantu on my other laptop
hoping to learn how to use it. Im having a problem figuring out how to set up a
wireless internet connection.
Could someone please tell me how to get my vz
wireless device to work with the new operating system please.
*
thank,
*
Rob

Old 12-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Haneef Bashir

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Robert Wigle
<successful_1now@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I resently installed Ubantu on my other laptop hoping to learn how to use it. Im having a problem figuring out how to set up a wireless internet connection.
> Could someone please tell me how to get my vz wireless device to work with the new operating system please.

what kind of laptop do you have?

Old 12-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Kim Briggs

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Robert Wigle <successful_1now@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I resently installed Ubantu on my other laptop hoping to learn how to use
> it. Im having a problem figuring out how to set up a wireless internet
> connection.
> Could someone please tell me how to get my vz wireless device to work with
> the new operating system please.
>
> thank,
>
> Rob

Hi Rob,

There is a graphical method that is pretty easy if you can find the
Windows driver for the hardware:

http://kimbriggs.com/computers/computer-notes/linux-notes/ubuntu-linux-wi-fi-card.file

Cheers,
--
http://kimbriggs.com

Old 12-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Andrew Farris

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 12:51 -0800, Robert Wigle wrote:
> I resently installed Ubantu on my other laptop hoping to learn how to
> use it. Im having a problem figuring out how to set up a wireless
> internet connection.
> Could someone please tell me how to get my vz wireless device to work
> with the new operating system please.

If you click the Network Manager icon in the tray (usually looks like a
little computer with a red x on it of there,s no connection, or an empty
wireless signal strength meter) you should get a list of available
wireless networks, provided you don't need special wireless drivers. If
you need the latter, hook the laptop up via wired internet, then open up
the "System > Administration > Hardware Drivers" tool. From there,
select your wireless driver (there's usually only 1 or 2...pick
whichever one says 'recommended' if there's more than 1). After that,
everything should work as expected.

Hope that helps!

--
Andrew

Old 03-22-2011, 04:01 PM
rohit bishnoi

gud evening everybody on the list.

i have fedora 14 installed on my system. and i want to install vlc player on my system..
when i try to install vlc using yum command. it generates some dependencies error and quit.

plz help me how to overcome this problem.

thnks in advance

Old 03-22-2011, 04:14 PM
JB

rohit bishnoi <rbdharnia <at> gmail.com> writes:

> gud evening everybody on the list.i have fedora 14 installed on my system. and
i want to install vlc player on my system..when i try to install vlc using yum
command. it generates some dependencies error and quit.
> plz help me how to overcome this problem.thnks in advance

Give us a complete, unedited output of:
# yum install vlc

JB