Old 12-14-2009, 02:49 AM
kate

Default Tar

I have the tar file downloaded onto desktop and trying install with
terminal all I get is bad command.

gnome-format-0.1.1.tar.bz2

Kate

Old 12-14-2009, 03:50 AM
Justin Gruenberg

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 9:49 PM, kate <katie2009@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> I have the tar file downloaded onto desktop and trying install with
> terminal all I get is bad command.
>
> gnome-format-0.1.1.tar.bz2

Have you tried installing this from the package management system? Do this:

sudo aptitude install gnome-format

Unless you really know what you want to do, you should install
software from the official repositories from Ubuntu using Software
Center, synaptic, apt-get, or aptitude. You should check out the
community documentation on the subject[1].

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallingSoftware

Old 12-14-2009, 04:19 AM
Raseel Bhagat