Old 12-12-2009, 10:04 PM

Default Remix 9.1 on Acer 9 inch eeepc?

Acer 9 inch EeePCs are being discontinued, and are really inexpensive
right now-heavily discounted pricing.

Will Remix 9.1 load and run on an Acer 9 inch EeePC with no prob?

Thanks,

John

--

John Conover, conover@rahul.net, http://www.johncon.com/

Old 12-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Robert Spanjaard

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 15:04:17 -0800, John Conover wrote:

> Acer 9 inch EeePCs are being discontinued, and are really inexpensive
> right now-heavily discounted pricing.
>
> Will Remix 9.1 load and run on an Acer 9 inch EeePC with no prob?

Acer doesn't make any Eee-PC's. Eee is an Asus brand.

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

Old 12-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Andrew Farris

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 15:04 -0800, John Conover wrote:
> Acer 9 inch EeePCs are being discontinued, and are really inexpensive
> right now-heavily discounted pricing.
>
> Will Remix 9.1 load and run on an Acer 9 inch EeePC with no prob?

I've never done it, but I've heard many success stories.

Here's a 'semi-official' list of various models that have been tested
with/work with Ubuntu:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupport/Machines/Netbooks

Best of luck!

--
Andrew

Old 12-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Fred Roller

John Conover wrote:
> Acer 9 inch EeePCs are being discontinued, and are really inexpensive
> right now-heavily discounted pricing.
>
> Will Remix 9.1 load and run on an Acer 9 inch EeePC with no prob?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Usually yes, but 9.10 has a 4 Gb minimum requirement so the 2 Gb mini's
are a no-go. If you want a light ubuntu on the 2 Gb, I sugest

http://www.eeebuntu.org/

Has worked well for me. Have not tried a fresh install since 9.10
release though.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple. If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."

Old 12-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Peter Hillier-Brook

On 12/12/2009 23:04, John Conover wrote:

> Acer 9 inch EeePCs are being discontinued, and are really inexpensive
> right now-heavily discounted pricing.
>
> Will Remix 9.1 load and run on an Acer 9 inch EeePC with no prob?

My 901 works fine here with 2 GB memory.

Peter HB

Old 12-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Dedhi Sujatmiko

John Conover wrote:
> Acer 9 inch EeePCs are being discontinued, and are really inexpensive
> right now-heavily discounted pricing.
>
> Will Remix 9.1 load and run on an Acer 9 inch EeePC with no prob?
There is Acer Aspire One and Asus EeePC

But there is not any Acer EeePC.

I take it you want to be using the Asus EeePC. So it might be the 900 or
the 901. Looks like OK with that.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Matt Harrison

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Dedhi Sujatmiko
<sujatmiko.dedhi@gmail.com> wrote:
> John Conover wrote:
>> Acer 9 inch EeePCs are being discontinued, and are really inexpensive
>> right now-heavily discounted pricing.
>>
>> Will Remix 9.1 load and run on an Acer 9 inch EeePC with no prob?
> There is Acer Aspire One and Asus EeePC
>
> But there is not any Acer EeePC.
>
> I take it you want to be using the Asus EeePC. So it might be the 900 or
> the 901. Looks like OK with that.

To the OP:

Yes NBR 9.10 will run just fine on an EeePC. I have it installed on
my 900HD and it runs great. You should have no trouble with it as the
hardware should be darn near identical.

HTH

-Matt

Old 12-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Arthur Johnson

I think he is talking about this Asus 900A:

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearch_v3.asp?px=FO&scriteria=BA25872

You can get them all day long on the net for less than $170 shipped.
Its a great little laptop, if you can get used to the keyboard. My
daughter has one, its perfect for little kids hands.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Arthur Johnson

I can confirm that 9.04 runs and is 100% functional on the default
install on this hardware. We are going to be testing 9.10 on it
probably today, in fact.