Old 12-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Kevin Cole

Default Mouse behaving badly under Karmic

Hi,

During a recent upgrade, my xorg.conf stopped working (nVidia on a laptop).
Eventually, with several reinstalls, "Xorg -configure" and
"dpkg-reconfigure -phigh ..." I got video back. However, ever since then
my touchpad seems to think that left-click means "move window" most of the
time. Also, it appears that Alt-Tab no longer sequences through open
application windows.

Can anyone tell me what I've borked and how to un-bork it?

Thanks.

[This message is digitally signed with the GNU Privacy
Guard (GPG). See http://www.gnupg.org/ for more info.]

Kevin Cole | Key ID: 0xE6F332C7 (GPG/PGP)
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo Team | WWW: http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/
Washington, D.C. (USA) | Phone: +1.202.234.0213

"Using vi is not a sin. It's a penance." -- St. IGNUcious, Church of Emacs

". ! 1 |" -- Rene Magritte's computer

Old 12-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Kevin Cole

Kevin Cole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During a recent upgrade, my xorg.conf stopped working (nVidia on a laptop).
> Eventually, with several reinstalls, "Xorg -configure" and
> "dpkg-reconfigure -phigh ..." I got video back. However, ever since then
> my touchpad seems to think that left-click means "move window" most of the
> time. Also, it appears that Alt-Tab no longer sequences through open
> application windows.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I've borked and how to un-bork it?

After several days of searching and occasionally asking on IRC, I resorted
to the mailing list. However, plodding slowly with lynx from a terminal
window, I was finally able to get a bit more of a clue. Things appear to
be working okay from KDE. So, I guess I'll stick with that for now, and
hope the problems resolve themselves.

In my search I didn't find out the purpose of the default AcceptEmptyInput
was about, and turning off kbd and mouse because of it seemed scary to
someone who doesn't know why you'd turn those off. But, since stuff's
working again, I'm reasonably content -- aside from the sniffles and sore
throat. ;-)

Old 12-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Kevin Cole