Old 12-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Vincent Trouilliez

Default TV tuner (bt878) stopped working with 9.10 :-/

Hi list,

Been a while since I last posted..

I upgraded 9.04 to 9.10 the other day, and now my TV card doesn't work
anymore, whatever TV app I try they all fail to display anything.
It's a cheap Pinacle card with the usual Bt878 chip which has never
caused any problem under Ubuntu since I bought it many years ago.
I did a little search and it seems that it's a problem with the newer
kernels, probably the driver, but the driver developers have been
unwanting to hear it seems.

So if anyone has managed to get his bt878 tuner to work on ubuntu 9.10,
I would be interested to hear.

Vince