Old 12-11-2009, 03:38 PM
"Carl Friis-Hansen"

Default No tick in Software Sources although enabled SOLVED

On Fri, December 11, 2009 17:12, Steve wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:05:29 -0000, Carl Friis-Hansen
> <ubuntuuser@carl-fh.com> wrote:
>
>> Feeling a bit stupid. I want some of the sources for one or two of the
>> programs I have installed. I therefore went to the System -->
>> Administration --> Software Sources and enabled Software Sources. The
>> tick mark did not appear and the sources were still not available in
>> Synaptic, so I looked at /etc/apt/sources.list which looked perfect:
>>
> <snip>
>>
>> Do I have to enable something in Synaptic in order to see the deb-src
>> packages?
>>
> I don't think the sources show in Synaptic, you have to obtain the with
> apt-get source packagename
>
> --
> Steve

I see. If I am not mistaken, then this is a difference from Hardy, where
I think you could see both the binary and the source. But granted, most
people don't use the source, so it makes sense to exclude them by default.

--
| Carl Friis-Hansen | Fiskeryd Nybygget |