Old 12-11-2009, 03:39 AM
Andrew Farris

Default OT: OSX Airlock -- why can't someone make cool stuff like thisfor Linux?

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 17:44 -0800, NoOp wrote:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/blueproximity
> Similar packages:
>
> * gramofile
> * away
> * ddrescue
> * amora-server
> * libclass-spiffy-perl
> * gtimer
> * bluemon
> * devfsd
> * worklog
> * chiark-really
> * hamster-applet

um....what?

The only program on that list that is even remotely similar to
blueproximity is bluemon...

I've used blueproximity before with my phone... it worked alright, but
the ill-conceived placement of the bluetooth on my desktop PC made the
distance measurements somewhat unreliable... suggest picking a decent
distance if you decide to use it.

--
Andrew

Old 12-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Andrew Farris

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 08:23 -0800, NoOp wrote:
> On 12/10/2009 08:39 PM, Andrew Farris wrote:
[snip]
> > The only program on that list that is even remotely similar to
> > blueproximity is bluemon...
>
> I realize that. That is why I added:
> "Maybe:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/bluemon might be an alternative but
> looks less maintained."

Sorry for the confusion... I actually saw your comment, then looked at
packages.ubuntu.com to see the list for myself...

My surprise was at the content of the list...however I failed to express
myself sufficiently. It was late at night, I hope you'll forgive me

--
Andrew

Old 12-16-2009, 03:52 PM
"Arthur H. Johnson II"

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 07:56 -0600, Rallias UberNerd wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:51:44 -0600, Daevid Vincent <daevid@daevid.com>

It you like Airlock so much, why don't you write something similar?
However, I know lots of Linux users who would never use such a thing,
including me. I think its somewhat of a silly idea, but thats just my
opinion.