Old 12-11-2009, 12:37 AM
NoOp

Default GNU GRUB 1.97~beta4 error: invalid signature, press any key to continue

On 12/10/2009 05:21 PM, Jeremy Sellors wrote:
> Thanks for the help.
> I followed a previous post on this list; "Grub beta issue with Kernal
> update/upgrade" by Goh Lip.
> I sustituded the -generic with -server but made a typo and it did not
> work. so then I typed 'e' at the grub list which then shows an
> editable frame with the results of the commands showing so I edited
> the mistake I had made and I was able to boot Ubuntu Server. Then I
> ran the:
>
> sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
>
> and I was able to boot into Windows 7.
>
> Checking the emac grub window again I was able to see the results of
> the grub-mkconfg

Cool! Thanks for updating w/the resolution (and thanks Gho Lip :-).
For the archives, Gho's instructions are here:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2009-December/203949.html
[Grub beta issue with Kernal update/upgrade]