Old 12-10-2009, 11:54 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Default OT: OSX Airlock -- why can't someone make cool stuff like this for Linux?

Daevid Vincent wrote:
> See, now why can't someone write some cool and useful tech like this for Linux/Ubuntu?
>
> http://themha.com/airlock
>
> Why do we need 500 different text editors and 35 instant messengers and 200 Linux flavors?
>
> I wish all these talented developers would stop fragmenting and start unifying and making "killer apps" instead of hundreds of
> half-assed ones, and forks upon forks.
>
> 5
> http://daevid.com
> Nomen mihi Legio est, quia multi sumus.

Why not Daevid? You seem to be most concerned. I noticed the
Book you like for MAC is expensive. I think you could write
one that is also going to make you some real money about Ubuntu!

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 12-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Michael Poole

Daevid Vincent writes:

> See, now why can't someone write some cool and useful tech like this for Linux/Ubuntu?
>
> http://themha.com/airlock

This looks a lot like the "blueproximity" package that has been
available in Ubuntu since at least Hardy Heron. What features does
Airlock have that you want but blueproximity does not have?

Michael Poole

Old 12-11-2009, 12:25 AM
"Daevid Vincent"

Huh? This doesn't even make sense dude? What book? What MAC (is that MAC address or MACintosh)?
I could write "one" what? Are you high or something? Is "73" your age or IQ?

Old 12-11-2009, 02:24 AM
Leonard Chatagnier